Making funeral arrangements can often be a daunting experience and in order to make this less difficult please contact us as soon as you are able and we will endeavour to offer you guidance and advice throughout the whole process to enable a fitting farewell to your loved one.
Over many years we have built up an enormous wealth of local knowledge regarding all types of ceremony, from the very traditional to one of a more informal style, including religious and non-religious, church, crematorium, burial and green. Please bear in mind that if there is a change of heart, these arrangements can invariably be altered at fairly short notice, although it may be necessary to change days or times.
Often the deceased will have left the wishes for their funeral in their will or with a family member. However, more and more people are planning for the future. If you or a relative chooses to record their funeral wishes in advance, you could lodge your plans with us. This will make life easier when the time comes, as your family will be made fully aware of your wishes.
Thorne-Leggett understand the importance of delivering a sound personal service of the highest standard and are proud to offer a comprehensive range of services that include the following:
• Services of a Funeral Director to supervise the funeral
• Professional services in giving advice on all aspect of the funeral arrangements
• Receiving instructions from our client at our office, your home or place of choice
• Making arrangements with Churches, Burial or Cremation authorities
• Completion of necessary documentation
• Provision of coffin or casket as selected
• Bringing deceased into our care at our premises from local place of resting
• Care of the deceased
• Provision of hearse and full bearer team or conveyance from our premises to the place of service/crematorium/burial ground
• Service to receive, receipt and collate all donations for a nominated charity, forward them to the chosen charity and provide a list of the donors and the total amount collected
• Advice on repatriation and exhumation
• Provision of confirmation and estimate
Please note that the above services are in our price list, based on work carried out between the hours of 08.00 to 17.00. Outside of these hours extra charges may be incurred.
Through local florists, we can arrange traditional wreathes, posies and coffin sprays as well as specialist tributes such as words and animal shapes.
It is our policy to be open and informative about the funeral costs from the outset. Our costs are divided into three main groups.
In addition to traditional black limousines, we offer nostalgic glass hearses drawn by two or four Friesian horses and a restored Edwardian hand wheel bier.